25 6 / 2014
26 4 / 2014
rosy-cheekies said: Any tips for someone who's but a baby in the artists' world?
• draw from life
• draw from that one anime that you feel guilty about liking
• realize there’s no such thing as a guilty pleasure
• draw whatever interests you, even if it seems self-indulgent
• realize that you’re allowed self-indulgences. that’s how you’ll make your strongest, most valuable work
• keep drawing
• don’t stop
• never talk yourself or your work down
• “networking” is a fancy word for making genuine friends. never treat people as business cards, it doesn’t work that way
• never wait for permission, validation, or acceptance. you won’t get it by waiting. you have to earn it.
Yay, I draw what I want :D